IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager has the primary responsibility to plan, track and manage the activities of the Data Warehouse team to achieve goals, objectives and milestones associated with all assigned projects. This position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate management and customer and vendor involvement throughout the life of Data Warehouse projects. The Data Warehouse project portfolio will include, but may not be limited to, clinical and research projects that enhance data analysis and reporting the EHR, Practice Management System, and ancillary clinical and revenue cycle systems. The Project Manager must be able to take an active leadership role in the team and create an environment that fosters the prescribed methods and processes to proactively resolve conflicts and facilitate project execution.
- Manage multiple Data Warehouse projects, consisting of data analysis and reporting from Electronic Medical Record, Practice Management System, and various ancillary clinical and financial systems.
- Manage projects through all phases of the project life cycle, including initiation, requirements and specifications, design, construction, testing, installation and post implementation review.
- Communicate effectively with sponsors, leadership and team members. Build close working relationships with clients/vendors.
- Follow the processes for project definition, planning, execution, closure and archival as prescribed by the PMO (Project Management Office). Post meeting minutes and agendas according to PMO Guidelines. Contribute to the improvement of PMO processes.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders. Manage risk throughout the project life cycle and make contingency plans to manage issues that pose risk to budget, timely delivery or functionality.
- Estimate the resources needed and work with the managers of those resources to achieve project goals. Record actual time spent on each project and report on variance between forecasted and actual.
- Report on the status, issues, key activities and any changes to the charter/scope of the overall project to all the stakeholders. Identify and communicate resource conflicts to the project sponsor and all stakeholders.
- Conduct project completion reviews and create recommendations reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Mentor the staff and teams in all aspects of PMO processes. Motivate the teams and encourage teamwork to help achieve project goals, objectives and milestones.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of hands-on IT project management experience.
- BS Degree in relevant technical field, (Information Technology, Computer Science, Software, Engineering, or related technical discipline), or equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- The Data Warehouse Project Manager must have a technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved with the projects, to be able to manage project scope and resources.
Highly Desired Requirements
- Previous experience with the development and/or implementation processes of database or Data Warehouse projects.
- Previous experience with EHR system or Health Care environment.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Skill and Abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while providing high-quality work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop proficiency with unfamiliar toolsets.
- Proficiency with project management/scheduling software including Microsoft Share Point, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-administration, attention to detail, multi-tasking, prioritization, critical thinking and analysis, decision-making, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions (ability to foster a cooperative work environment).
- Ability to work with others in a matrix management environment.
- Attention to detail, patience, and a positive, customer centric attitude.
- Clear demonstrations of strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills.