Location: Midtown NYC
Pay: $120,000.00 per year
The ITS Operations Manager is responsible for the operational oversight of a mixed technical infrastructure, as well as the day-to-day management of the system operations team. This position will work closely with the Associate Director of IT Operations to build and manage an enterprise class Operational infrastructure and operations team.
- Works closely with clients and other systems professionals in order to identify operational issues. Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the team.
- Manages the day-to-day operational effectiveness of the System Operations Team consisting currently of five system administrators.
- Provides technical leadership for an environment consisting of UNIX/Windows servers, VMWare, and EMC & 3Par storage infrastructure.
- Recommends, implements, and uses tools to measure system and staff performance metrics to ensure SLAs are being met.
- Responsible for adding, updating & maintaining the backend system SOP library.
- Works with other Operations Managers to develop and implement operations and escalation procedures.
- Builds and maintains relationships with cross-functional teams and managers to ensure the System Operations Team is working effectively to provide the highest level of service.
- Creates/Develops Operational standards, processes and procedures for the System Operations team to ensure effective service is being provided to the institution.
- Manages the System Operations team(s) daily tasks, coordinates changes and creates team improvement initiatives.
- Coordinates with other ITS Managers to ensure proper coordination and completion of all new system installations, upgrades, and maintenance by the System Operations team.
- Collaboratively responsible for change management, with oversight of the weekly CAB meeting.
- Provides weekly status reports to Associate Director of ITS Operations, including metrics, team status, and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts performance reviews and coaching sessions with staff, and discipline/documentation as needed.
- Monitors and reports on capacity and operational performance for the backend infrastructure environment per assigned metrics.
- Supports and coordinates preventive maintenance activities, including problem management for all systems.
- Responsible for management of ITS system maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for managing the budget, and the forecasting of the System Operations budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft, VMWare, and/or UNIX certifications.
- Minimum 5 years of IT Operations management (equivalent combination of related education, training, & experience may be considered) in larger enterprise environments.
- Technical background in System Operations related field including at least 5-7 years of experience in a technical role (Windows, UNIX, VMWare, & Storage Platforms).
- ITIL Certification(s)
Highly Desired Requirements
- Experience utilizing ticketing / workflow systems (i.e. Servicenow).
Skill and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Aptitude to learn new / changing operations technologies.
- Strong Enterprise level Incident/Event Management experience.
- Experience / Understanding of Six Sigma concepts.
- Advocate for building team-centric, collaborative, cross-functional teams that take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Must strive to build teams with a high level of integrity & ethics.
- Proven history of team building & development in new or maturing environments.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.