Location: Jersey City or Basking Ridge, NJ
- Assumes project management responsibilities on some assignments. In this capacity, Manage smaller technology projects to ensure projects are delivered on time within agreed budget and to agreed quality standards.
- Working with the Project Management Office, manage projects following our Project Management methodology, ensuring that risks are managed; issues are addressed; costs and time are monitored; communications takes place with stakeholders; quality is managed; and the team is engaged.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides clear written and verbal communications to project team.
- Undertake out other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- The role function reports to the Global Business Analysis Manager, as well as a local IT resource manager.
- The ability to work comfortably within a matrix reporting structure is important, as is being self-sufficient and self-managing on a day-to-day basis.
- Emphasis on DuckCreek (Policies)
- Must have insurance and reinsurance experience.
- 8+ years of business analysis experience within reinsurance/insurance technology applications.
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills; with the ability to create solid written project artifacts, including the business case creation and production of functional specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and MS Access.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to drive projects and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute and control smaller projects in a structured project management environment, using PRINCE 2 or PMI Practitioner methodologies
- Attention to detail, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Demonstrated success in a fast- paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing projects and demands.
- Flexible approach – we are a global operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred and may substitute for some required experience.
- Professional qualifications in business analysis and project management are not required, they are preferred.
NO THIRD PARTY CANIDATES CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in hearing more about the position, please send your resume in word format and provide a phone number and the best time to reach you.